Radio Jaguar Coming Soon

In Fall Term 2023, Governors State University’s hottest prospect will be hitting the airwaves.

On Wednesday, April 28, in the Hall of Governors, GSU’s radio station was introduced: now known as Radio Jaguar. At the event students, faculty, and staff were able to vote on the logo of the event. After two hours of voting a logo was chosen that will be used to represent the station.

Radio Jaguar initially will be an internet station streaming music, news, and podcasts serving the GSU and Southland communities. This student-run station will provide real-world experience and training in radio programming, production, and management for students and provide programming for and by the GSU community.

The station is open to the GSU community (students, faculty, staff. and Southland residents). You do not need to be a Media Studies student to participate. Successful completion of the Radio Station Workshop will be required for all interested in going on air.

The format of Radio Jaguar will be Block Variety, featuring music along with some news and talk with a focus on GSU and the GSU community.

If you are interested in joining the Radio Jaguar team or want more info about it please contact Professor Lara Hrycaj at [email protected]