Study Abroad: Business and Culture in Eastern Europe

Devyn Forquer, Newspaper Practicum

The College of Business is accepting applications for their sixth study abroad trip to Eastern Europe in spring 2018.

This trip includes three destinations: Budapest, Prague, and Bratislava. The focus of the trip is to gain an understanding of the economic, political, legal and informal characteristics overseas.

Students will spend 11 days between the three countries. They will partake in class discussions, visits to country businesses and institutions, and lectures at Corvinus University.

Tentative site visits include the Castle District in Prague, the Museum of Communism, Buda Castle, Fisherman Bastian, Andrassy Avenue, and many more.

The course for the trip is MGMT 3000-01/5000-01 (Special Topics in Management) and PADM 8000 (Advanced Topics in Public Administration). It will be directed by Dr. Natalia Ermasova.

The course includes weekly discussions, a topical paper, and a topical slideshow. However, if a student does not need the course, they can audit the course.

Dr. Ermasova’s background and enthusiasm of teaching and living in Eastern European countries, such as Budapest and Germany, will ensure that students get the most out of the trip and the course.

The overall cost of the trip is $3,500. Cost includes international flight, accommodations, breakfasts and dinners, tours, business and university visits, and international health insurance.

The application and first payment of $500 is due by November 10th. The first 15 students that make their first two payments will receive the IU CIBER (Indiana University Center for International Business and Research) Grant for $600.

Financial aid and scholarships are available and for more information, students can visit http://www.govst.edu/study-abroad-programs/ or contact Amy Schoenberg, Study Abroad Coordinator, at [email protected], or contact Dr. Ermasova at [email protected]